Gabi's Grilled Cheese
is a dish featured in webisode Gabi's No Fail Grilled Cheese
- 1 tablespoon room temperature butter
- 4 thick slices of rustic bread
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 small tomato, sliced
- 4 slices thick-cut bacon, cooked and cut into thirds
- 2 tablespoons caramelized onions (optional)
- Butter one side of each slice of bread.
- With the buttered side facing out, layer the cheese, tomatoes, bacon, and caramelized onions between the slices of bread to make 2 sandwiches.
- Heat butter over medium-high heat in a large frying pan. Cook the sandwiches for 2-3 minutes one each side until cheese is melted, and bread is golden-brown.
- Slice sandwiches in half and serve hot.Serves 2
|| To view the Gabi's Grilled Cheese gallery, click here.