|Grilled Strawberry Shortcake|
|Featured in||Gabi's Grill|
|Number of Ingredients||7|
|Cooked by||Gabi Moskowitz and Aimee Carrero|
|Eaten by||Gabi Moskowitz and Aimee Carrero|
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 8-10 bamboo skewers
- 2 cups cubed (1-inch) store-bought pound cake
- 16 fresh strawberries, stems removed
- whipped cream, for serving
- fresh mint, for garnish
- Place skewers in a bowl or pan filled with water. Soak for 10-15 minutes. Remove from water and pat dry.
- While the skewers soak, combine the balsamic vinegar and the brown sugar in a small pot over medium heat.
- Cook for 16-18 minutes, until a thick syrup forms. Remove from heat.
- Make the shortcake skewers by skewering 3 strawberries and 2 cubes of pound cake on each bamboo skewer.
- Preheat a grill or grill pan over medium-high heat.
- Grill the prepared skewers for 2-3 minutes on each side, just until grill marks form.
- Serve the grilled skewers warm, drizzled with the syrup, and garnished with whipped cream and mint.
| To view the Grilled Strawberry Shortcake gallery, click here.
|Young & Hungry Recipes|
|Pantry Pasta • Grilled Peach Salad • Gabi's Grilled Cheese • Gabi's Hot Sauce • Smoked Salmon Frittata • Peanut Noodles • Grilled Strawberry Shortcake • Chicken Satay|