|Featured in||Gabi's Pizza Throw Down|
|Number of Ingredients||5|
|Cooked by||Gabi Moskowitz, Kym Whitley, Cole and Nikki|
|Eaten by||Gabi Moskowitz, Kym Whitley, Cole and Nikki|
1 pound prepared pizza dough (regular or whole wheat)
- Flour for dusting
- Sauces: Marinara, pesto
- Cheeses: Shredded regular mozzarella, mozzarella di bufala (fresh mozzarella) sliced into medallions, grated parmesan
- Optional toppings: sliced olives, sliced mushrooms, sliced bell peppers, sliced cherry tomatoes, chopped fresh basil, sliced green onions, chopped garlic, chopped cooked chicken, sliced pepperoni, sliced salami, sliced or crumbled cooked sausage
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees F. Lightly flour 2 baking sheets or pizza pans and set aside.
- On a floured surface, roll the pizza dough out into 2 12-inch or 4 6-inch rounds. Transfer to the prepared pans and set aside.
- Spoon the sauce of your choice (or a combination of the two!) over the pizza dough, leaving a ½” border for the crust.
- Scatter the cheese of your choice over the sauce.
- Top the cheese with the toppings of your choice. Be careful not to over-top your pizza, as it will get soggy if it is too weighted down.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until crust is golden-brown and cheese is bubbly.
- Cut into wedges and serve.
| To view the Kid-Friendly Pizza gallery, click here.
|Young & Hungry Recipes|
|Pantry Pasta • Grilled Peach Salad • Gabi's Grilled Cheese • Gabi's Hot Sauce • Smoked Salmon Frittata • Peanut Noodles • Grilled Strawberry Shortcake • Chicken Satay|