|Season 1||Season 2||Season 3||Episode Guide||Season 4||Season 5|
|Premiere Airdate||March 13, 2017|
|Premiere Episode||Young & Punch Card|
|No. of Episodes||20|
Season 5 of Young & Hungry was announced on October 27, 2016. It premiered on March 13, 2017 and has 20 episodes in total. Production wrapped up on the week of April 25, 2017 and officially wrapped on April 30th, 2017. The second half of the season will air in 2018.
Gabi and Josh try to work around their new "friends with benefits" relationship, without their feelings getting involved, but this season finally answers "Will they or won't they?" for them. Sofia gets a new love interest, whilst a lot of drama happens. This season also introduces two new recurring characters - Josh's estranged dad, Matt Danon - who Josh meets - and Ms. Wilson - Sofia and Gabi's neighbour.
- Emily Osment as Gabi Diamond
- Jonathan Sadowski as Josh Kaminski
- Rex Lee as Elliot Park
- Aimee Carrero as Sofia Rodriguez
- Heather Dubrow as Natasha Cook-Cambell
- Nicole Buyer as Lizette
- Maria Canals Barrera as TBA
- Alex Guarnaschelli as Herself
- Tim Rock as Dick Jacoby
- Jesse McCartney as Cooper Finley
- Main article: Episode Guide
These are episodes that have confirmed titles and dates.
|1||Young & Punch Card||March 13, 2017|
|Gabi and Josh try to prove to everyone that they won’t let feelings get in the way of their new arrangement as “friends with benefits.” Yolanda’s attempt to cut corners while doing her job leads to disastrous complications for Elliot and even more so for Josh. Meanwhile, Sofia’s elaborate plan to get her coworker to ask her out is disrupted by Gabi and Josh’s situation.|
|2||Young & Valentine's Day||March 20, 2017|
|Gabi and Josh think their no-strings relationship means they can skip celebrating the day of love. But when they each are convinced the other bought a heartfelt gift, panic ensues. Confused about her situation with Josh, Gabi turns to her neighbor, the oft-married Ms. Wilson, who reluctantly shares some advice. Meanwhile, Elliot and Alan have vastly different ideas about how to spend Valentine’s Day, and Sofia and Yolanda team up for an anti-Valentine’s Day celebration.|
|3||Young & Kiki||March 27, 2017|
|Josh tries to keep secret an important meeting with celebrity chef and lifestyle guru Natasha Cook-Campbell, knowing Gabi is Natasha’s biggest fan. But Natasha and Gabi hit it off, leading to great opportunities for both Josh and Gabi. Learning Natasha loves her dog Kiki more than anything, they volunteer to Kiki-sit when Natasha has an emergency. Yet Kiki proves tough to keep track of and could derail their big deals. Meanwhile, Elliot has promised Sofia and Yolanda VIP tickets to a Beyoncé concert, but when his connections fall through, he scrambles to convince them they actually attended the show and just can’t remember it.|
|4||Young & Josh's Dad||April 3, 2017|
|Josh’s father Matt contacts his son for the first time asking to meet. When Josh refuses, assuming his father is only after his money, Gabi takes matters into her own hands. She arranges to meet Matt and discover his true motives, but as usual, things don’t go as planned. Meanwhile, Yolanda is convinced she’ll die at the same age as her mother, so she goes on a strict diet – but it’s Elliot who may be at risk.|
|5||Young & Softball||April 10, 2017|
|Josh tries to bond with his dad Matt, but they have trouble finding common ground. When Matt decides to head out of town again, Gabi intervenes and brings Matt to Josh’s softball game in an effort to get them together. But Josh is filling in on Elliot’s team in a gay softball league, so Matt gets the wrong idea about his son. When Matt goes out of his way to show his support, Josh is reluctant to tell the truth, wanting to hold on to his newfound relationship with his dad. Meanwhile, Yolanda recruits Sofia to help sell Squirrel Ranger cookies so they can win a cruise.|
|6||Young & Couchy||April 24, 2017|
|Sofia is thrilled when her boss gives her a used couch thinking it means she’s on her way to a promotion. But Gabi hates the couch and sells it behind Sofia’s back with the help of Josh’s new app. When Sofia is more angry than Gabi anticipated, Gabi schemes to make things right again. Meanwhile, Elliot drags Yolanda to a weight-loss group where she reconnects with the Rabbi from Elliot and Alan’s wedding. But he’s scared to introduce Yolanda to his mother and admit that they’re dating.|
|7||Young & Bridesmaids||May 1, 2017|
|Gabi and Sofia are annoyed when they hear that high school frenemy Lizette is throwing a lavish destination wedding, with all expenses paid, for the wedding party. Desperately wanting a vacation, the girls scheme to get Lizette to make them bridesmaids. But Lizette only has room for one of them to be in the wedding. Meanwhile, feeling unappreciated by Josh, Elliot pretends that he’s fielding a job offer from a multimillionaire.|
|8||Young & Vegas Baby||May 8, 2017|
|Gabi is feeling down about her birthday, even after she discovers she and Ms. Wilson share their special day. When Gabi learns Ms. Wilson made a promise to meet a former boyfriend in Vegas, she decides a road trip to Sin City is the perfect way to get over her birthday blues. Meanwhile, Josh is desperate to figure out why Gabi is so upset about her birthday, and Yolanda and Elliot scheme to keep Gabi’s forgotten birthday gifts.|
|9||Young & Hold||May 15, 2017|
|Gabi and Josh’s friends-with-benefits relationship is jeopardized when one of them meets someone else. Elliot battles with a squirrel he discovers in Josh’s penthouse, only no one believes the squirrel is real. Meanwhile, Sofia uses Gabi and Josh’s relationship drama as fodder for her first article at Clik’d.|
|10||Young & Amnesia||May 22, 2017|
|Gabi is horrified when Josh doesn’t remember her after a bump on the head, especially since he seems to remember everyone else – and he was about to tell her something important. When Josh thinks he and Gabi met right before his accident at her audition to be his chef, Gabi sets out to recreate their first meeting in the hopes of jogging his memory.|
These are episodes that have been confirmed, but the airdate is unknown.
- ??/??/18 - Young & Third Wheel (50?)
- This season focuses a lot on Josh and Gabi's relationship.
- Betty White is guest staring in currently just two episodes.
- Gabi and Josh might finally be in a relationship and she and Sofia are getting their relationship back on track.
- This season introduces Josh's estranged father, Matt, who is in at least 2 episodes.
- This season has 20 episodes.
- A squirrel is shown, Elliot sings briefly in two separate episodes, the punch card gets used up, and someone winds up in the hospital.
- This season finally answers the question of "Will they or won't they?" for Jabi.
- Maria Canals Barrera from the Disney Channel show, Wizards Of Waverly Place, guest stars in an episode.
- Young & Amnesia is a big one for Jabi and is "right up there with Josh and the roses" (Young & Thirty (...and getting married!)), which is Jonathan Sadowski's new favourite episode.
- Production of the season wrapped on the week of April 25, 2017, and officially ended on April 30th.
- A new set is shown this season - Mrs Willson's apartment.
- Alex Guarnaschelli appears in the season finale.
- Tim Rock, Aimee Carrero's real life husband, guest stars as Sofia's new love interest, Dick Jacoby.
- The episodes air on Monday's instead of Wednesdays.
- Each episodes airs as part of Happy Hour on Freeform.
- The first half is known as 5A and the second half is known as 5B.
- The season comes out on Netflix on June 21, 2017.
- Lucas Brown Eyes said that the next 10 episodes are some of his favorites.
- The season spreads over 2017 and 2018. However, the reason for this is currently unknown.
- Cooper returns for an episode.
- The season returns in 2018.
| To view the Season 5 gallery, click here.