|Season 1||Season 2||Season 3||Episode Guide||Season 4||Season 5||Movie|
|Premiere Airdate||March 13, 2017|
|Premiere Episode||Young & Punch Card|
|Finale Airdate||July 25, 2018|
|Finale Episode||Young & Yacht'in|
|No. of Episodes||20|
Young & Hungry Movie
Season 5 of Young & Hungry was announced on October 27, 2016. It premiered on March 13, 2017 and has 20 episodes in total. Production wrapped up on the week of April 25, 2017 and officially wrapped on April 30th, 2017. The second half of the season returned on June 20, 2018.
On February 6, 2018, Emily Osment confirmed that this is the last season of the show. The series will be followed by a movie, which was confirmed on March 15th 2018. The movie will be an official "send off" to this season and the show. The series and the season ended on July 25, 2018.
The final season sees Gabi and Josh finally together and in love, but now navigating their new status as a full-fledged couple. Meanwhile, the rest of Josh’s staff, Yolanda and Elliot, are grappling with the change in work dynamic with Gabi as the “woman of the house.” Sofia, Gabi’s best friend, who begins to feel like a third wheel with the new couple, sets out on her own path to find love.
- Emily Osment as Gabi Diamond
- Jonathan Sadowski as Josh Kaminski
- Rex Lee as Elliot Park
- Aimee Carrero as Sofia Rodriguez
- Heather Dubrow as Natasha Cook-Cambell
- Nicole Buyer as Lizette
- Maria Canals Barrera as Hotel Receptionist
- Alex Guarnaschelli as Herself
- Tim Rock as Dick Jacoby
- Main article: Episode Guide
These are episodes that have confirmed titles and dates.
|1||Young & Punch Card||March 13, 2017|
|Gabi and Josh try to prove to everyone that they won’t let feelings get in the way of their new arrangement as “friends with benefits.” Yolanda’s attempt to cut corners while doing her job leads to disastrous complications for Elliot and even more so for Josh. Meanwhile, Sofia’s elaborate plan to get her coworker to ask her out is disrupted by Gabi and Josh’s situation.|
|2||Young & Valentine's Day||March 20, 2017|
|Gabi and Josh think their no-strings relationship means they can skip celebrating the day of love. But when they each are convinced the other bought a heartfelt gift, panic ensues. Confused about her situation with Josh, Gabi turns to her neighbor, the oft-married Ms. Wilson, who reluctantly shares some advice. Meanwhile, Elliot and Alan have vastly different ideas about how to spend Valentine’s Day, and Sofia and Yolanda team up for an anti-Valentine’s Day celebration.|
|3||Young & Kiki||March 27, 2017|
|Josh tries to keep secret an important meeting with celebrity chef and lifestyle guru Natasha Cook-Campbell, knowing Gabi is Natasha’s biggest fan. But Natasha and Gabi hit it off, leading to great opportunities for both Josh and Gabi. Learning Natasha loves her dog Kiki more than anything, they volunteer to Kiki-sit when Natasha has an emergency. Yet Kiki proves tough to keep track of and could derail their big deals. Meanwhile, Elliot has promised Sofia and Yolanda VIP tickets to a Beyoncé concert, but when his connections fall through, he scrambles to convince them they actually attended the show and just can’t remember it.|
|4||Young & Josh's Dad||April 3, 2017|
|Josh’s father Matt contacts his son for the first time asking to meet. When Josh refuses, assuming his father is only after his money, Gabi takes matters into her own hands. She arranges to meet Matt and discover his true motives, but as usual, things don’t go as planned. Meanwhile, Yolanda is convinced she’ll die at the same age as her mother, so she goes on a strict diet – but it’s Elliot who may be at risk.|
|5||Young & Softball||April 10, 2017|
|Josh tries to bond with his dad Matt, but they have trouble finding common ground. When Matt decides to head out of town again, Gabi intervenes and brings Matt to Josh’s softball game in an effort to get them together. But Josh is filling in on Elliot’s team in a gay softball league, so Matt gets the wrong idea about his son. When Matt goes out of his way to show his support, Josh is reluctant to tell the truth, wanting to hold on to his newfound relationship with his dad. Meanwhile, Yolanda recruits Sofia to help sell Squirrel Ranger cookies so they can win a cruise.|
|6||Young & Couchy||April 24, 2017|
|Sofia is thrilled when her boss gives her a used couch thinking it means she’s on her way to a promotion. But Gabi hates the couch and sells it behind Sofia’s back with the help of Josh’s new app. When Sofia is more angry than Gabi anticipated, Gabi schemes to make things right again. Meanwhile, Elliot drags Yolanda to a weight-loss group where she reconnects with the Rabbi from Elliot and Alan’s wedding. But he’s scared to introduce Yolanda to his mother and admit that they’re dating.|
|7||Young & Bridesmaids||May 1, 2017|
|Gabi and Sofia are annoyed when they hear that high school frenemy Lizette is throwing a lavish destination wedding, with all expenses paid, for the wedding party. Desperately wanting a vacation, the girls scheme to get Lizette to make them bridesmaids. But Lizette only has room for one of them to be in the wedding. Meanwhile, feeling unappreciated by Josh, Elliot pretends that he’s fielding a job offer from a multimillionaire.|
|8||Young & Vegas Baby||May 8, 2017|
|Gabi is feeling down about her birthday, even after she discovers she and Ms. Wilson share their special day. When Gabi learns Ms. Wilson made a promise to meet a former boyfriend in Vegas, she decides a road trip to Sin City is the perfect way to get over her birthday blues. Meanwhile, Josh is desperate to figure out why Gabi is so upset about her birthday, and Yolanda and Elliot scheme to keep Gabi’s forgotten birthday gifts.|
|9||Young & Hold||May 15, 2017|
|Gabi and Josh’s friends-with-benefits relationship is jeopardized when one of them meets someone else. Elliot battles with a squirrel he discovers in Josh’s penthouse, only no one believes the squirrel is real. Meanwhile, Sofia uses Gabi and Josh’s relationship drama as fodder for her first article at Clik’d.|
|10||Young & Amnesia||May 22, 2017|
|Gabi is horrified when Josh doesn’t remember her after a bump on the head, especially since he seems to remember everyone else – and he was about to tell her something important. When Josh thinks he and Gabi met right before his accident at her audition to be his chef, Gabi sets out to recreate their first meeting in the hopes of jogging his memory.|
|11||Young & Downtown Gabi||June 20, 2018|
|Gabi and Josh delight in their new status as an official couple, but Elliot and Yolanda are worried about how their work lives will change now that Gabi is the “lady of the house.” Trying to make things less awkward, Gabi asks Josh to spend more time at her apartment, but Josh is horrified when he learns how messy Gabi is.|
|12||Young & Third Wheel||June 20, 2018|
|Josh decides to set Sofia up with someone, in hopes she’ll be less of a third wheel in his and Gabi’s relationship. But when Sofia hits it off with Josh’s dentist, Gabi isn’t so sure he’s the right one for her friend. Meanwhile, Elliot turns to Yolanda for help in reigniting the spark between him and Alan.|
|13||Young & Communication||June 27, 2018|
|Needing some “me” time, Josh fakes joining a swim club to get some space from Gabi and not hurt her feelings. When Gabi learns about Josh’s ruse, she concocts an elaborate plan to get him to admit his lie. Meanwhile, Yolanda and Elliot scheme to meet their celebrity neighbour.|
|14||Young & Handsy||June 27, 2018|
|Gabi panics that her relationship with Josh is over when it seems that the spark has died – and that Josh may be getting his needs met elsewhere. Elliot and Yolanda go to extreme lengths to score coveted tickets to a Bruno Mars concert, and Sofia moonlights as a driver for a ride-share company.|
|15||Young & Mexico||July 11, 2018|
|Gabi takes Sofia on a last minute vacation to Mexico to cover up the fact she forgot her birthday. But when Sofia learns that Gabi forgot, her anger leads Gabi to make it up to her by introducing her to a handsome stranger. While taking care of Josh after surgery, Elliot and Yolanda accidentally ruin his new multi-million dollar purchase. Guest starring Jose Moreno Brooks and Maria Canals-Barrera.|
|16||Young & Mexico Part 2||July 11, 2018|
|Gabi’s attempts to reunite Sofia with her vacation love Juancarlo create even more problems for Sofia’s love life. Meanwhile, Yolanda finds herself strangely drawn to Elliot’s piano playing. Guest starring Chris Smith and Jose Moreno Brooks.|
|17||Young & Bullseye||July 18, 2018|
|Wanting their boyfriends to become friends, Gabi and Sofia organize a double date. But when the guys don’t hit it off, their conflict spreads to Gabi and Sofia. Meanwhile, Yolanda meets a handsome doctor when he confuses her with his online date. But needing help to keep up the ruse, Yolanda enlists Elliot and Alan as coaches.|
|18||Young & Motorcycle||July 18, 2018|
|Gabi is excited when she inherits a motorcycle, remembering how she used to ride one all the time. But when she shows off her new bike to Josh, his reaction is not what she expected. With things with her new boyfriend going well, Sofia is nervous about taking the next step in their relationship, especially when all of their plans seem to go awry.|
|19||Young & Magic||July 25, 2018|
|Josh decides to finally reveal a deep secret to Gabi – he’s a magician. While initially supportive, Gabi becomes frustrated when Josh’s magic takes over their lives. Sofia is terrified to introduce her stern grandmother to her boyfriend. Meanwhile, Yolanda’s pen pal is being released from prison, and wants to meet in person.|
|20||Young & Yacht'in||July 25, 2018|
|In the series finale, Josh takes the gang for a getaway on his new yacht, where Gabi hits it off with the yacht’s chef (Alex Guarnaschelli – playing herself). When Alex offers Gabi an amazing opportunity, it ruins Josh’s plans. Meanwhile, Sofia has a terrible misunderstanding about her boyfriend and Elliot and Alan meet a flirty steward.|
- This season focuses a lot on Josh and Gabi's relationship.
- Betty White is guest staring in just two episodes.
- Gabi and Josh are finally be in a relationship and she and Sofia are getting their relationship back on track.
- This season introduces Josh's estranged father, Matt, who is in 2 episodes.
- This season has 20 episodes.
- This season finally answers the question of "Will they or won't they?" for Jabi.
- Maria Canals Barrera from the Disney Channel show, Wizards Of Waverly Place, guest stars in an episode.
- Young & Amnesia is a big one for Jabi and is "right up there with Josh and the roses" (Young & Thirty (...and getting married!)), which is Jonathan Sadowski's new favourite episode.
- Production of the season wrapped on the week of April 25, 2017, and officially ended on April 30th.
- A new set is shown this season - Mrs Willson's apartment.
- Alex Guarnaschelli appears in the season finale.
- Tim Rock, Aimee Carrero's real life husband, guest stars as Sofia's new love interest, Dick Jacoby.
- The first 10 episodes aired on Mondays, but the final 10 air on Wednesdays - the original air day for the show.
- Each episode of part 1 aired as part of Happy Hour on Freeform, along with Baby Daddy.
- The first half is known as 5A and the second half is known as 5B.
- Season 5A came out on Netflix on June 21, 2017.
- Lucas Brown Eyes said that the next 10 episodes are some of his favorites.
- The season spreads over 2017 and 2018.
- The season returned on June 20th 2018.
- Filming for the season spread out through 2016-2017 and the last episode filmed in 2016 was filmed on December 17th.
- The season and series finale is Young & Yacht'in.
- This is the final season of the show.
- There will be a movie coming out after the season/series ends. The movie focuses on the character's lives after the show ends, giving an official closure to the show.
- The tagline for the part 2 is " The final season sees Gabi and Josh finally together and in love, but now navigating their new status as a full-fledged couple. Meanwhile, the rest of Josh’s staff, Yolanda and Elliot, are grappling with the change in work dynamic with Gabi as the “woman of the house.” Sofia, Gabi’s best friend, who begins to feel like a third wheel with the new couple, sets out on her own path to find love."
- The finale, Young & Yacht'in, will premiere on July 25 2018.
- 5B is described as a new season.
- This season introduces a new boyfriend for Sofia - Nick Walker.
| To view the Season 5 gallery, click here.